Monday, June 6, 2011

My Little Mater

Have you ever seen the movie Cars? There is a lovable character named Mater as in Tow-Mater.. Lol. Any how... Little Bear is quickly earning himself the nick name Mater! Hubby started calling him Mater when he was about 4 1/2 months old and pushing himself backwards in the walker. 4 months later he still hasn't gotten the hang of moving forward in it. His latest antics are even better. On the floor he used to wriggle around and for some reason always end up going backwards. Now a hefty almost 9 month old he's up on all fours and yes... He's still getting around backwards.

A few months ago I was reading an article about milestones. I remember it mentioning something about babies crawling backwards and I thought... Hmmm.. How funny. Well, it is! It's hysterical, and kinda sad. My Little Bear gets so frustrated when he's trying to reach something and he just gets further and further away. I have to be very careful with him...he's constantly backing himself into or underthings.

For now I will rescue him and keep him safe and when he gets older I can embarrass him with stories of his backward start.

No comments:

Post a Comment