Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Five: Things I'm Thankful For

So this may seem cliche for November, but my first Friday Five for this month will be all about things I'm thankful for. I have some fun ideas for the rest of this month, but thankful is up first. So here they are in no particular order.

1. My family, I mean I love them with every ounce of myself. I am thankful for every argument, every temper tantrum, every poopy diaper. I know some people wish they had these things. Yes, I get frustrated and angry just like everyone else, but I love having my own family and everything that comes along with it.

2. Being able to stay at home with my kiddies! If you asked me three years ago what I'd be doing in five years it would most definitely be married and the principal of a school. Now, not so much. Now I want to bake cookies and muffins. I want to do art projects, I want to see every step and be there to kiss every boo boo. I feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to stay with them.

3. Country living, it's so peaceful out here. Yes... Yes.. We are at least 30 minutes from the mall, and a good 15 minutes from the supermarket, but I truly love the quietness. I'm glad my boys can see deer walk through the back yard a few times a week. Or see a hummingbird zip around while they splash in the little pool (true story).

4. My childhood, as I've matured and grown I have realized that I was lucky to have what I had, and also to not have everything I wanted. Does that make sense?

5.  Modern day technologies, lol.. yes there are other things more important, but lets have some fun.  Could you live without your computer or phone.  I feel all empty inside when I leave the house without my phone... lol I feel totally cut off.  My iPad is like my friend, and my phone keeps me connected.  I love talking to Siri (have you seen the commercial, it really is that cool), and what can I say about good ol' Mac.  We love you.  LOL!

What are you most thankful for (serious or funny)?

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You have the sweetest way of viewing life.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your blogs. I'm also very THANKFUL for my family. I too get angry and frustrated at times with them. But I would NOT trade them for the world. I too, don't know what to do when I don't have my cell phone. I was without a cell phone for a night and I felt so crazy inside. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments ladies!

    ReplyDelete