Friday, April 8, 2011

Road to Uber Organization

 I've decided to attempt to be uber  organized at home.  I think I am pretty organized to begin with.  I plan meals a month in advance (well, most months).  I have one cabinet designated to baby/toddler items and the shelves labeled with my trusty label maker.  I have recently organized my cleaning supplies into tubs depending on their use.  With that said, I'm ready to take it to the next level.  My theory is if I organize even more than I can have time for everything, so far I feel like I haven't mastered this whole stay at home thing.  I have been making the transition from working mom to stay at home mom for close to a year, and I feel like I haven't exactly gotten to the place I want to be.

Where do I want to be? Hmmm.  I want to be there for my babies without having to use the TV as a babysitter (too often). "Be There" meaning homeschooling my toddler, creating healthy meals, and giving them an adequate amount of attention and cuddling.  I want to be able to keep my house in order, by that I mean shiny, sparkling, and organized.  I also want to be able to spend quality time with my hubby when he gets home, and have a tiny bit of me time for blogging, scrapbooking, reading... or vegging out in front of the TV with a glass of wine.  Is this possible?  In the past I have been able to do one of those things perfectly, but then something else suffers.  I spent a week of playing with, teaching, and holding my boys.  The result, a messy house. #FAIL.  I spent a week cleaning, dusting, organizing, and disinfecting.  The result a magazine clean house, but Munchkin watched TV all day and Little Bear sat in the bouncer most of the time. #FAIL.  As for the me time... I haven't scrap booked in ages and reading is non existent, vegging out doesn't exactly happen since I typically multitask when I watch TV. #FAIL

The first thing I will do is create a master home binder.  In my classroom I used a master binder that stayed on my desk.  It included lesson plans, class info, grades, my calendar/schedule, master copies of frequently used worksheets, and a miscellaneous section.  I plan on taking that concept and creating a master binder for home.  I saw something similar on Want What You Have.  I just have to figure out the sections I will use.  The only thing I am certain that will go in my master binder is a schedule which will accommodate everything I mentioned above.  Once I create my schedule I will post it here and move on to my next organizational task.  Here I go!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! Swinging by once more to follow your lovely blog.

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Veronica!! Thanks for stopping by : )

    ReplyDelete