Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On My Way

Notice all the scribbles!!!
   So I'm on my way to getting more organized.  I've been working on and tweaking a master daily schedule to follow.  I first made a schedule that incorporated anything I wanted to do.  My schedule had multiple tasks or activities for every hour of the day.   It only took me one day to realize that my schedule was not going to work.  I was racing around like a chicken with her head cut off, and dragging my kiddos behind me.  There was crying, screaming, and full out temper tantrums... from all three of us.

    The next day I went about the same tasks but finished them as they came.  Looked at my schedule, but more as a guide of what needed to be done without looking at the time it should be done.  I didn't complete everything, but with a little self talk, I've realized thats okay.  The boys (and mommy) had a much better day.

     Here is my tweaked schedule:
(please note, if Munchkin is having a particularly terrible two day... this schedule goes to pot!!)

6:00 - 7:00:
Little Bear Nurses

Sometime Between 7 - 9:
The dogs go out
Everyone eats Breakfast
The Kitchen Gets Straightened Up
Mommy Pumps
(During this time the TV is on, I NEED it!!!)
9:00 - 10:00
Munchkin gets dressed
Little Bear Gets a Bottle

10:00 - 11:00
Nap time for Little Bear
Mommy Gets Dressed
Start Laundry
Playtime for Munchkin

11:00-12:00
A Chore from the cleaning schedule (to be posted soon)
More Laundry
Snack time

12:00
Nap time for Munchkin
Mommy Free Time (Scrapbooking, Mary Kay, Blogging, or Vegging)

1:00
Little Bear Nurses
Finish Chores from Cleaning Schedule

1:30 - 2:00
Lunch time for everyone

2:00 - 4:00
Playtime outside with dogs
I can also use this time to teach Munchkin the concept of the day
Little Bear gets a bottle @ 3

4:00 - 5:00
Start Dinner (unless its a crock pot day)
Fold Clothes while I watch TV with Munchkin

5:45
Little Bear Nurses

6:00
Dinner (Daddy is home by then)
After Dinner I like to have family time in the playroom.  Hubby and I get  a chance to chat and Munchkin gets to play around us.

7:00
Bed time routine - Both boys get baths, Once PJ's are on, Munchkin watches Diego.  While Munchkin watches Diego, mommy quick cleans bathroom and bedrooms.  Little Bear gets a bottle and at 8:00 it's story and bedtime for both.  Every once in a while bedtime gets moved to 8:30 for this reason or that.

Once the boys are in bed, if I'm not too tired I'll straighten up the master bedroom and fold more clothes (if not it will wait till the next day)

The next page for my binder I will work on is an important numbers list.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I just read your schedule with my mouth open! I have to say you are good at being organized and creating the schedule is a big deal...good job! I only create to do lists when I am going on vacation or when someone is coming to visit and I need to clean the house. But they are not nearly as detailed as yours! Your organization posts have inspired me to get on the ball since I'm on school break til May 9th & my house needs major cleaning! Keep up the good work :-) You are an inspiration to the unorganized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... sometimes I need to give myself a reality check in terms of what can be accomplished. Sometimes my day follows that schedule to a T... other days... well... it just doesn't. It takes a lot of self talk to make myself feel okay about things not getting done, or being done perfectly. Either way, glad I could be an inspiration. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been working on organization this weekend as well.Cant wait to see what else you get done.Id love it if you stop by to visit me and follow if you so desire.http://shanswife.blogspot.com I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete