Monday, August 12, 2013

Kitchen Tour: Organized Drawers Part 2

Hello all! And welcome to Part 2 of my drawer tour.  For a little back ground, check out my Kitchen Drawers Part 1 Here.  For this tour I'll show you my remaining drawers, as well as request some suggestions for empty drawers.  As I said in part 1, empty drawers are just asking for mess in this house.

Okay, so I'll start the tour with these 4.  To the left of them is my lazy susan and to the right is where most of my baking things are kept.  I don't have any before pics of these drawers.  These are all pretty much the same as they were before, with just an addition of drawer liner.  I did rearrange a few things so that I had more similar dishes in the same place.

Random green car... my husband calls these boobie traps.  Be ware, they are all over my house.

These drawers all hold serving dishes.  This is why I chose to place my serving utensils, coasters, and bottle openers in the drawer to the left.  


These dishes and platters are things that I mostly use for special occasions. 


You'll notice there is a lot of white, and clear.  I think when you set things out for entertaining everything looks better if it all matches, and white and clear accomplishes that.  It's also easy to match some of my dishes that are specific to a certain holiday or season. 
There are a few things missing from this drawer... in the dishwasher.
The very bottom drawers houses a lot of my plastic serve ware.  This is a strategic spot.  The boys like to "help" in the kitchen, and this is one of the drawers they frequent.  Since it's all plastic, I don't freak out when they start playing.  They have learned which drawers are acceptable for play, and which are not.


The following drawers are all in my island.  I have two pretty wide drawers on either side of my stove.  


Believe it or not, these two drawers have been organized like this for a few months.  I took a trip to the Container Store while visiting my mom.  Okay, who am I kidding, I took the 1 1/2 hour trip for the The Container Store, and met my mom while I was there.  For anyone who hasn't been to The Container Store, it's like a little bit of organizational heaven... right here on Earth.  Anyway, I got the dividers then and went to town on these two drawers, then for some reason I stopped there.

Most of my dinner and food prep happens to the right of my stove.  I'm left handed, so I guess that makes sense, since I often reach over from where I'm standing and stir pots with my left hand.  

These tools I use daily, or at least weekly.

These are used at least weekly or monthly.
To the left of my stove are these two drawers.  I really don't know what to put in them, but I'm afraid of leaving them empty.  Right now one is holding some extra place mats.  Maybe I can put some table runners, in the other.  Hmmm?  I'll have to work on that.



These last two drawers are on the opposite side of my island.  


This is the drawer that is closest to the oven, so it makes sense to place pot holders here.  Yes, those are my only pot holders.  I've said before, I'm not the type to just buy stuff.  Of course with that said, I'm on the look out for some cute holiday ones.  I'm thinking a turkey, gingerbread man, and either a flower or bunny rabbit.  Seen any around?


This last drawer is filled with things, we are always needing to grab or use before we leave the house.  Combs and brushes, mostly for the boys, so they don't look like Lords of the Flies when we are out in public... at home is another story.  I toss my sunglasses in there if I actually bring them out of the car.  There is even some deodorant that is in the way back of the drawer. 


See the charcoal, and tote on the floor?  We went to a nearby lake this week.  Yeah, and you thought I was spending my last few weeks of summer knee deep in kitchen utensils.  Now, I am definitely a beach gal, but there is something to be said of the calm cool waters of a lake.  My boys get the sand they love, and I get to relax as they play along the edge, with out worrying some huge wave is going to knock them over, and drag them out to sea.  Yeah, I think of things like that.  Here's my Ace doing what he loves.  These mini-construction vehicles are his favorite sand toy.


Alright, well I'm off to go attack my upper cabinets.  Will be back soon with more updates.  Until next time, thanks for reading!

Leiah








No comments:

Post a Comment